Thursday, April 06, 2006

Blackout

So I dissappeared a little bit. I'm really good about obsessions. What I mean is I let my self obsess. I really like the anime Naruto. It's really addictive. And when my friend came and gave me episodes 51-125, I was so very happy to continue where I left off. So day one I started on 51 it's now day three and I'm up to 96. That's 45 episodes in three days averaging to 15 epsiodes per day. At about 20 minutes per episode I spend about 5 hours per day watching Naruto. Wow. So thus, I've been behind on all internet related stuff (but not my homework surprisingly).

So I wake up this morning at 8 and I think, Ohh, I should watch some Naruto, but then I thought, no, I should get 8 hours of sleep, so I'll wake up at 10, so thus getting 8 hours. So I wake up at ten and some crazy things start to go down. I turn on my computer and I hear something outside, so I pulled my blinds up, opened the window to look out and I see in the parking lot next to mine an electricty cable has snapped in half and fallen across a bunch of cars in the lot. There's a firetruck nearby and an electic truck with a guy working on the pole. As I'm watching I hear a tree branch snap and I look to where it is and it's coming from one house down. The tree snaps in half due to the weight of the branches (it must've been a long time in coming) but it takes with it a wire that is in the tree, The wire comes down and the telephone poll it's connected to snaps in half! *BZZZT* Power goes out in my room. "Holy Shit!" Yells the electricty guy who was the only other guy watching. I jump out of my window and he notices me. He comes over and we remark on it, I tell him my power is out and he says, "Yeah, it probably is." Well the people in the other apartments start trickling out wondering why the power went out and it hasn't come back yet. So I start talking with the electricty guys as well as a fireman and the police officer on the scene. It was crazy, come to find out that the snapping in half caused all but one building on the block to go out of power. (As a side note: Optimistic lives on my block and here's his blog about what he did with no power. Optimistic ) So I got tell the Landlord of Optimistic's place what's going on then call mine. Ha Ha. It was a funny morning. We got the power back after about 3 hours.

No comments: