I'm going to write this and put this both on my blog and my facebook as it's a story a lot of people are going to want to hear but I it's long and I don't want to tell it too often. So here is the whole ordeal.
In trying to find an apartment this semester I was none too successful, I had set up living with a bunch of guys but when that fell through I was left with no options left, other oppurtunities had presented themselves while I was to be with those other guys so I turned those ones down, when I no longer had it however I went back but all of them had filled. So I was stuck. I had been hesitant to find an apartment as well since I wasn't sure whether I was to leave in January or May for the east coast. (For those who haven't heard I'm off to the east coast as latest the start of fall 08.) Well one day I decided to try and find an apartment, my needs included a cold place, good internet, and my own room. The cold factor was actually most important as I've become less and less tolerant to heat over the years. So I looked all over Provo, I wanted to live in Provo cause most of my friends were there. Finally after much searching I found the place, a little house at about 150 north and 800 east. Cold and amazing. I moved in yesterday and got all set up and it was looking great. The guys upstairs were all cool, my two roommates who hadn't moved in yet were apparently Hawaiian and we even had a really cool cat that liked to lay on my chest while I watched tv. Everything about the place just seemed amazing and I thought how could this go wrong?
Enter the Hawaiians. They came in at 2 pm today just eight hours ago. They both looked confused to see me and asked what I was doing there. I told them I had gotten a contract and I was going to be their new roommate, well neither of them looked pleased at this. The bigger of the two a Hawaiian football and rugby player explained to me the situation. His cousin was to be the third roommate, they had signed a hold of room for him so that the management would hold the room until he got there to sign the contract. Well the management did no such thing as I was sold the contract. So he asked me if there was any way he could find me another apartment and I could move in there so that his cousin could move in with him, apparently his cousin he was afraid if he did not live with him would get into trouble and drugs and what not. So he said he would pay for all my expenses here and my first and last month rent at whatever place he found as long as I liked it and said yes, by no means were they kicking me out but it was still not a good situation to be in. So i talked it over with my mom and there were two options, either move out and not have to worry about it, or stay and get a big Hawaiian pissed at me and he would be a hellish roommate for a whole year, can you imagine him saying "Thanks Jon, my cousin is now on drugs." So the best option was clearly to get out of there. Tomorrow we're changing everything over, all in all I won't be losing any money in fact he's giving me more money to sweeten the deal. So I have moved back home again and will be living here for fall semester in Woodland Hills. So Woodland Hills people, you haven't gotten rid of me yet, I'm still here.
So that's the story. Now I'm aiming to head to the East Coast in January after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Man. What a lame situation. I'm sorry.
Wow...what a crazy apartment situation...random roommates suck! Really, I've never known anyone who lived with someone random and just loved them to pieces, and this all happened before you ever got to move in at all! I'm sorry...maybe there's a reason why you're supposed to stay at home, though, and it just isn't clear to you yet...
Wow that sucks. You lived basically next store to my husband's old house, and maybe a block away from where I lived Fall 06. It's a good ward and everything, dangit.
still hang out with us, okay, friend?
Post a Comment