Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Battle of The Sams Part 1

So check this out. First I must reitterate that I really like my film class. But now here in lies a problem. So I got into the film class a day late. It was the second day of class and we had an assignment due. Well what the assignment was, was we were supposed to come up with a plot for a 6-10 minute movie which would be our final project for the class. So the teacher told me to come up with something quick and present it. Well I had already had a project I wanted to do called "The Battle of The Sams" which I was just going to do with friends. Well I presented the idea of this movie and it was chosen as one of the 6 movies that we were going to do. So I got a crew of two other guys in the class. Well I thought it was going to be fine until one of the guys stopped showing up for class. So now it's down to the two of us. Which is still fine, but a little unnerving. So, I'm going to start shooting this next week which I'm pretty excited about. As a reminder as well to some I've talked to and some that I may not have. If there are girls willing to be a part of the movie, let me know. I'd probably take a saturday or two out of your lives this month or next month. Depending on what you are. I've got Celeste planning on being in it, and I think I can get Trixie, but that may mean I may need one more. I think I told Jade about it a while back but I don't know if she'd still be willing to be in it. But if she is, I could also use her help behind the scenes and it could help for her getting into the film program as well. So Jade if and when you read this, let me know. I'm going to need someone to work the camera if you're interested. I also may need someone to help out with props and whatnot. So if you want to help out with this project let me know. If you want a look at the script it's at

http://www.scriptbuddy.com/published/?p=4291529600

type in the password "scranton" and you can see it. It's a silent movie, so there is no dialouge.

I'm going to be able to use this big professional camera for it, so I'm excited. I'm going to call some of you as well just to see if you can help, but let me know. Anywho, once this is done it'll be the first thing on my new website, and if it's any good I'll probably have a premire for it too.

5 comments:

Th. said...

.

Good luck with all this--and once you get your URL, be sure not to let yourself forget about it when the renewal comes up.

Cursed lessons from my past....

azurerocket said...

I'm free on Saturday mornings/early afternoons for the next month or so. I could help with props or somesuch. I'm an expert DI shopper and have a small collection of "dress-ups" and a sewing machine. I could also do a part, but my acting career hasn't done much since I was the lead in the third grade play. Consider yourself forewarned.

Braden said...

Yup, we found the missing piece(s). You should come over some time.

Redoubt said...

None of your comments are showing up in my blog, but I did get them emailed to me.

For whatever it was you wanted to talk about, you can email me, and I will also probably email you back with my number. I haven't been getting online because the chat programs severely slow down my computer, and since my internet seems to die every time I reboot my computer (and then I have to force Craig to come over and fix it), then I'm trying not to ever turn her off. Which means I'm avoided stuff that potentially sends her catatonic.

PS. I would love to help you with your film(s). I know how to use film cameras, if that's what you mean by a big professional camera. I know how to set focus and f/stop and everything. I can even rack focus. In fact, I've been trained on everything on a set, so yeah. And maybe if I work on some films i won't feel like my life is pointless.

Anonymous said...

I can definitely help you out with whatever you need. Warning though - even though I'm hoping to get accepted into the major, I haven't been around this stuff for a good while. So start me small :)

See ya...Saturday is it?