"I am a child of God, and he has sent me here."
The other day these words made me very angry. So angry in fact that I yelled at a bunch of people.
Wait, let me back up.
It was at the campout I mentioned earlier, one in which was a very creepy place as all of the places were church sites. You could do archery at the Sacred Grove! I had not had much sleep the night before the camp so around midnight I had been awake for 23 hours and was ready to get some sleep. As giant campouts like that go there are lots of campfires and people staying up. Near my tent there was the biggest gathering of people around a campfire, about 40 people singing songs. When I went to sleep even with 40 people, they were quiet enough that it wasn't all that bad. But then at 2 am, I was awoken by the loudest rendition I've ever heard of the song above. After the song was done, the group went into another very loud hymn. I wandered out there and there were only about 10 people, all singing at the top of their lungs these songs. Many had tears during this time. I allowed them to finish their song and then I chimed in.
"Alright, time for you guys to stop, it's 2 in the bloody morning, I don't mean to be a jerk, but you're really loud and if you could take it down a couple of notches I'd really appreciate it, I know you guys are having a really spiritual time and all, but it's not cool to have it at the expense of others."
I walked off and they all went to bed. I showed them.
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I imagine you, exiting your tent with all the glory of an offended monarch, wearied by the burdens that are your lot to bear, and like a beautiful, beatific martyr condemning those barbarians who dared disturb the slumber of one who bears the cross of greatness.
"Now if they had been singing Tenacious D..."
Post a Comment