My landlord lately has been doing some funny things. For those that don't know, we turned my room from a living room into an actual room, all that was required was putting in a fourth wall. My landlord who is not versed in the ways of home building has been trying to be the authoritarian on the subject. I too don't know many things on making a home, but I do know some simple rules, rules in which my landlord seems to want to break. The guy came in today to put in the door to my room, he came in with a perplexed look and said, the landlord wanted the door to swing into the room towards the bulk of the room and not towards the wall. Have you ever seen a door not swing towards the wall but swing into the middle of the room? I told the guy that didn't make any sense and he agreed with me, but said the Landlord was the boss. After talking with him for another 5 minutes on why it would be the worst idea to follow the landlord, he decided to instead do it the way I wanted and swing it outwards in the hall and to the wall. Hopefully my landlord doesn't create a huge fit. But now I finally got something in ways of the wall the way I wanted. Hooray!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Oh Landlord
My landlord lately has been doing some funny things. For those that don't know, we turned my room from a living room into an actual room, all that was required was putting in a fourth wall. My landlord who is not versed in the ways of home building has been trying to be the authoritarian on the subject. I too don't know many things on making a home, but I do know some simple rules, rules in which my landlord seems to want to break. The guy came in today to put in the door to my room, he came in with a perplexed look and said, the landlord wanted the door to swing into the room towards the bulk of the room and not towards the wall. Have you ever seen a door not swing towards the wall but swing into the middle of the room? I told the guy that didn't make any sense and he agreed with me, but said the Landlord was the boss. After talking with him for another 5 minutes on why it would be the worst idea to follow the landlord, he decided to instead do it the way I wanted and swing it outwards in the hall and to the wall. Hopefully my landlord doesn't create a huge fit. But now I finally got something in ways of the wall the way I wanted. Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment