Apparently Valentine's Day is next week. Relationship blog posts are probably the number one topic of all of my past entries combined. Hey, I'm doing Statistic stuff in school right now maybe I should see what the actual stats are on that. Relationship and love and all that stuff are just so much fun to talk/gripe about. I've always been a bit of a complainer and the blarg is the perfect place to complain. I've actually never been in a relationship on Valentine's Day which isn't too surprising but as my family doesn't really like holidays too much I often forget it actually exists. At least until I get the annual Valentine's email from my friend giving me the actual history with all the war and blood and death.
One Valentine's day I remember with fondness was in high school when I went to the valentine's dance with the best friend of the girl I had a crush on. Which if you think about it, is a completely stupid thing for a high school boy to do, "Oh I like your best friend but I feel like I've been on too many dates with her, let's go on a date instead." If it wasn't high school I would have been liable to get my knees broken for pulling those shenanigans.
This particular gripe is going to go to one Amy H. Amy was this girl I was friends with in high school, one such friend who doesn't want anything to do with me now a days, of course she's become super duper religiosity, and since I am a long-hair this is a no go. Anyways, if you're not aware I went to high school in Utah Valley, a place where dating is a silly thing. (I don't really understand how to date in Utah, I've dated plenty of people outside of the state (Wow I sound like my girlfriend lives in Canada (Did I tell you I might go to grad school in Canada? (That would be sweet.))))
Anyways in Utah high school we had more then just Homecoming and Prom dances, we had like 9 dances a year, one per month minus summer. I was a youth of sexual desire, and so it was known to me that if you take girls to those dances you might get a girlfriend. But I didn't really want to go to all of them, but that Amy, she guilted me, "But what about the girls who desperately want to go and don't get asked? Don't they deserve to go?" Oh man, she was good, I complained to her that on dates where girls asked I didn't get asked and she was like, "The man is the one who asks, girls don't need to ask." Oh man, Amy, you weaselly girl you. I honestly can't remember most of the dates I went on in high school.
The best one I went on however was one I went with Megan L, a crush I had my senior year. If I'd have known how dating worked I'm fairly certain we actually would have dated, but alas I just couldn't figure it out. On that date we got ourselves stuck in a tube slide and talked for like 3 hours with our bodies intertwined. It was pretty awesome. 17 year old me is giving my a thumbs up right now. I've tried finding Megan L since then but she's impossible to find. She probably got married and doesn't list her last name on facebook. Le sigh.
I'll probably talk more about VDay at some point this week. But for now... class.
TL,DR: I talk about slides.
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Haha. Niceeee. Glad to see you are blogging again. :)
Post a Comment