Monday, June 23, 2008

Parents and Moxie

My parents are coming into town today. I've been awake far too long and really should be sleeping but I need to go to the RMV (It's what Massachusetts calls the DMV, but for some reason they like changing it to R. Like a pirate car place.

We're going to make a movie called Dial M for Pirates, it's about a bunch of illiterate pirates.

Anyways, it'll be nice seeing my mum and pop again, they're out here specifically for an interview as my parents may be moving to MA in the next couple of months. How weird would that be? That I moved to Boston and then they moved out after me because they wanted to still be in my life. Ha. What this also means is I'll have a car. I will only be using the car for going to and from work and for those once in a while trips to Maine or Vermont. Speaking of which!

http://www.moxiefestival.com/schedule.html

July 11th and the 12th is the Moxie Festival in Lisbon Maine and I am going to go no matter what but I would love to get a couple of people who wanna come for a road trip! Let me know if you're interested, it's a super fun festival and you get super cool t-shirts and stuff too! Moxie for everyone!

Edit: Maine also has some of the absolute best thrift store shopping and photograph taking spots I have ever been to, so that will likely be a part of the one to two day trip as well!

3 comments:

Rachel Helps said...

I'm interested, but resigned to the fact that I am no where near Chicago.

John D. Moore said...

Man, you people love your Moxie. Out West, you don't see us ravenously rallying around... I don't know, Shasta Root Beer or whatever.

Are you seriously making the Dial M movie? If you are, tell me more. And make sure Mark knows.

just a little bit mo said...

The festival sounds awesome! I wish I was back east so I could join in.