Saturday, March 01, 2008

Fortunes

I love fortune cookies, mainly due to the fact that the fortunes seem to work out for me. For instance my brother came home with one about a month ago, I forgot about it and found it two weeks later still in the packaging. I opened it, did the ritual of eating the whole cookie before reading the fortune and the fortune said, "You will receive something important in the mail." I had not ordered anything, but I thought nothing of it until 15 MINUTES later when my mom opened the door from up stairs and said she had just gotten the mail and I had gotten a package. It was from my aunt with some useful technology stuffs that she didn't need. Keen!

So the other day I got another one, and it actually gave me a good answer to something in which I wasn't sure how to go about doing. I should have followed the fortunes advice cause I think I didn't, and I think I may have screwed it up. Crap. (Note: This doesn't have anything to do with Boston Job Hunting, so it's okay, not a big deal in that sense.)

Moral, always do what the cookie tells you, cause it's so tasty.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That's interesting, because I've had the opposite effect with all fortune cookies except one.

For example, the last time I was devastated over a break-up, my fortune cookie told me I'd be forming a new and meaningful romantic relationship soon . . .

The only fortune I've ever kept (and still have) is one from a vacation two summers ago to Chicago that says I'm ready to let my creative talents blossom.

just a little bit mo said...

Here, here! True that.

Berkeley G. said...

Haha, my fortune cookie is always dead wrong. Maybe you're a lucky one. For instance, I hate sports and one said to me recently "You will soon make a great achievement in your sports activities," or something like that. Ha!